Not in Front of the Kids explores sexuality, relationships, ageing and the social and physical needs of people in their later years of life. It contains a series of vignettes in which men and women aged over sixty candidly discuss their lives.
For a fifteen-minute documentary Britt Arthur covers a lot of emotional ground … displaying a real trust and openness between filmmaker and participant … This is such a delicate portrayal, rarely seen in either Australian documentary or feature film.
- Poppy de Souza, NFSA Australian Screen Online.
- 17th WA Screen Awards 2004 – Best Short Documentary
- IF Awards 2005 – Finalist Best Short Documentary
- St. Kilda Film Festival 2005 – Finalist Best Short Documentary
- ATOM Awards 2004 – Finalist Best Short Documentary
- Canberra Short Film Festival – Best Short Film
- OpenChannel ‘Love Your Work’ – Best Short Film
- Film Eclectic 2004 – Best Short Film